When it comes to photography props, I'm always on the hunt. I love to style photos for both Instagram & my blog and having various props on hand helps tremendously when setting up a photo. The secret to styling a photo is to tell a story and that's exactly where props come into play. Below you'll find a list of my 10 favorite props that I use on the daily to style Instagram photos.
01. Office supplies. Think cute journals, pens and pencils.
02. Flowers & plants. I love to buy mine fresh almost every week but you can also use faux.
03. Candles. Use a simple white candle to add dimension and interest to your photo.
04. Cute coffee mugs. Because you really can't go wrong with sharing your daily cup of coffee or tea, just not every day ;)
05. A set of delicate rings. Add interest without overdoing it with a cute set of delicate rings, works great for flatlays.
06. Coffee table books. Stack them up to showcase a product or open one up to add texture to a flatlay.
07. Beauty products. Think a trio of nail polish bottles, pink makeup brushes, or your favorite lippie.
08. A collection of flower vases. Small glass ones, tall striped ones, fun polka dotted ones. The possibilities are endless when it comes to styling your favorite in a flower vase to compliment your Insta post.
09. A good calendar. Anything from a planner, to a wall calendar, to a desk calendar will work.
10. Faux fur rug. Add texture to an otherwise plain white background, works really well in flatlays too.
I love keeping an eye out for props, and even my husband will keep an eye out for me too. My favorite place to find cute props is Target, no doubt about it, because they always have the cutest things! Props are my favorite way to tell a story in photo form, I even have a full bookshelf in my office stocked and ready with all my faves. What are some of your favorite props when it comes to styling an Instagram post? Let me know in the comments below.
Thanks for taking a moment of your day to stop by. See you back here on Friday morning!