Happy Monday gal pals! Today's post is so special! September marks the month I began blogging, just a year ago. ✨ To celebrate, a pretty white eyelet dress from Make Me Chic was in order! For All Things Pretty has been my creative outlet for a year now and I am so incredibly blessed to have this little corner of the internet to share my inspirations and personal style. I've always loved the fashion world, curating images, and connecting with like-minded individuals. To say the least, this year has been absolutely incredible! With that being said, I honestly never knew how much work goes into running a successful blog until I had my own. There are a few things I have indeed learned from this year that I would love to share with you today.
I've always believed that special occasions call for a special dress. This white dress immediately caught my eye while browsing online. As you probably already know, I can't get enough of white, it's classic, crisp, and clean. This dress is perfect to celebrate For All Things Pretty's 1st Blogiversary. I fell in love with all the detail, everything from the collar, the sleeves, and eyelet overlay. It's just so pretty and perfect for today! Blogging for a full year has been filled with so many new experiences and has been very rewarding and fulfilling. I have made new memories, met so many new friends in this wonderful community, and learned quite a few things. I've learned that:
1. Patience is virtue. I've always believed in being patient. Not only with my blog, but of course in any and every situation that life throws my way (can I just mention traffic here in SoCal really quickly! 😂). Having a good attitude when things go right is usually very easy to achieve, but having a good attitude when things might not go the way you expect them to shows a strong character and is, in my opinion, a more blissful way to live everyday life.
2. Perseverance, keep working even when it's hard. There are a lot of obstacles that may come your way, both in life and while blogging, but that is just the name of the game. This is where you practice lesson one by being patient and putting your head down to keep working. Things might get tough but the key is to never give up.
3. Be bold and take initiative. Having a blog means constantly working on and creating new content, managing social media channels, and creating connections. Trying new things, meeting new people, and strategizing content definitely comes with the territory. Often times, it's easy to get overwhelmed and intimated by this very saturated, creative new world but I've found that being bold and being brave enough to create your own path and individual unique content is always rewarding and truly pays off.
4. Community over competition. Through blogging, I have found a community on Instagram that loves to create. Have you ever heard of that saying, "you are who you hangout with"? Well that definitely applies here. Surrounding yourself with like minded individuals who build each other up instead of tearing each other apart is so important.
5. Consistency is key. This has been crucial in my blogging career. I believe in working hard and sharing quality content. Of course, being consistent is key but sometimes things don't work out exactly the way they were planned. I would a million times rather skip a posting day than post something that is not up to my standard. I always take pride in creating quality content consistently, but always remember, if it doesn't work out one day, pick it up the next and just keep going.
Being able to share and create content this past year has been incredible! I love coming up with new ideas and bringing them to life to share with you. Thank you so much for your constant support by coming on and reading every blog post. I am so excited to continue blogging and can't wait to see what the future holds.