We might not have a multitude of leaves in gorgeous colors lining the streets, or cool temperature. We don't have gloomy weather and we definitely can't wear all the layers like other people in other parts of the country can, but you know what we do have here in Southern California? Trader Joe's. And you know what Trader Joe's has? All the pumpkin things! If I have to consume all the pumpkin things and pretend like it's a glorious fall day to enjoy the season, by all means I am going to do it. I stepped into Trader Joe's the other day to do some grocery shopping and picked up a few pumpkin items that were calling my name.
1. Pumpkin Spice Rooibos Herbal Blend Tea: Perfect for those fall days when there's a chill in the air. It is so yummy and tastes as good as it smells. It has a sweet aroma of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. I could just imagine pouring myself a hot cup of tea while cuddling up to my hubby on the couch just in time to catch my favorite fall movie on tv.
2. Pumpkin Waffles: These are perfect for that morning when you're rushing out the door and have no idea what to have for breakfast. Pop them in the toaster for a few minutes and you're good to go, so quick and easy. These waffles don't really have a strong pumpkin flavor, they mostly taste like cinnamon to me so I topped them with a dollop of pumpkin butter to intensify the pumpkin flavor.
3. Pumpkin Butter: I read about this item online while researching all of the pumpkin flavored items from Trader Joe's one night. At first I thought it was actual butter with pumpkin flavoring. I have to admit I am not a huge fan of butter so I was definitely not intrigued, but after reading more about it I realized it was just like an almond or peanut butter, which is way more my style. I made a mental note to grab it next time I was at Trader Joe's and I'm so glad I did. This stuff is amazing! You could dollop some of it on your yogurt or oatmeal, pretty much anything to make your taste buds feel like they're in pumpkin heaven. Seriously, so good!
4. Country Pumpkin Spice Granola: This is great to make greek yogurt and granola parfaits for any time of day as a quick pick me up. I suggest you also use pumpkin butter to intensify the pumpkin flavor in your parfait and add fruit and nuts. I used sliced apples and walnuts in mine.
5. Pumpkin Ice Cream: It is almost mid-October here in Southern California and it is still so hot out. Naturally, ice cream is a must have for hot fall days. This pumpkin ice cream was made for anyone who is over summer and craving fall. It's just like having pumpkin pie but in ice cream form. So yummy!
'Tis the season for pumpkin everything. What are your favorite pumpkin products that you think I should try next? Let me know in the comments below. Thanks for stopping by.