What's In My Gym Bag
Hi friends! In keeping the spirit of athletic week alive, since you know... spring and summer are just around the corner and we all want to look our best, today I'm sharing the contents of my gym bag with you. There are so many benefits to working out regularly. I'll be honest and admit that the only reason why I began to workout was because I had a lot of body issues. I didn't feel comfortable in my own skin, I felt bloated all the time and I was feeling discouraged so I began to workout and slowly began to change the reasons why I continue to work out. Now instead of working out to feel skinny I workout to feel strong and empowered. There is a sense of accomplishment after every workout and I love knowing that my body is fit and healthy. I like to have my gym bag packed and ready to go at all times so I'm always ready for my workout, no excuses! Haha!
Here's what you'll find inside my gym bag:
01. A ball cap. This item is important in case my workout finds me outdoors. Recently, I've been loving going for beach runs. The beach is so peaceful and relaxing and those runs don't compare to running on a treadmill indoors. The only difference from running indoors to outdoors are the UV rays so thats where the cap comes in, it protects my face from the rays and keeps the sun out of my eyes.
02. Workout apparel. A sports bra, top, and yoga pants are always gym bag essentials. I also could never forget to pack my sneakers and a few pairs of socks. It'd be a huge fail without them!
03. A clean towel. Self explanatory, right?
04. Water. It's so important to keep hydrated! Specially after a great workout.
05. A snack. Bananas are my favorite to have as a post workout snack because they help replace carbohydrates and electrolytes lost during a workout.
06. Headphones. They're definitely a must when hitting the gym. I can always count on Taylor and Katy to keep me motivated.
07. A small pouch with miscellaneous items. Things such as mints, deodorant, a few hairs ties, and this eucalyptus cooling creme with arnica from Me Bath! that helps my sore muscles relax and feel better in no time.
So that is everything I carry in my gym bag. I always feel workout ready when it's packed and ready to go. I hope you found this post helpful. Happy Wednesday! And as always, thank you for stopping by.