5 Holiday Date Night Ideas
Happy Friday, friends! The weekend is finally here and I couldn't be more excited. Weekends mean a date with my husband and there is nothing better than spending time with my other half. Saturday nights are usually set apart for date nights and I am so excited because with holiday season here, date nights are now holiday themed. Here are the top 5 dates that I'm looking forward to going on with my husband this season.
1. Ice Skating. Just imagine skating along to Christmas music playing in the background, hand in hand, laughing and smiling and having lots of fun. It sounds like the perfect night to me.
2. Taking a drive to look at holiday lights. I remember every holiday season my parents would bundle my siblings and me up and take us near Griffith Park in Los Angeles to see a holiday light display. It was so memorable! My dad would play Christmas music in the car the whole way there and my mom would bring hot cocoa for us. I remember it was this really long street decorated with all sorts of pretty lights and there was an option to park and walk through the display or drive through in your car. We always stayed inside the car, and we would drink our hot cocoa while oohing and aaahing at all the holidays lights outside. They no longer do the holiday light display at Griffith but the tradition has stayed with me ever since. Now my husband and I love having some hot cocoa while taking a drive to look at holiday lights.
3. Holiday movie marathon. One of my favorite things to do every year during the holidays is to have a Christmas movie marathon. There's something so special about watching holiday movies while cuddling on the couch with a bowl full of popcorn and a pretty Christmas tree in the corner of the room. My favorite holiday movies are the ones I used to watch as a kid. This year, I'm really looking forward to watching the original Home Alone movies.
4. Hot cocoa and finding the perfect Christmas ornament. One of our traditions each year to celebrate Christmas is to stop by a coffee shop for a cup of hot cocoa and make our way to find a special ornament that represents us and the year that we've spent together. Our first year was Disney themed because we had an annual pass to Disneyland and spent most of our free time there. Another year, it was completely random and silly. We bought each other a funny ornament that we thought would represent the other well. We always like to make an effort to make time to go out and find a special ornament and it's always fun to unpack the previous years' ornaments and reminisce.
5. Watch the nutcracker ballet in a theater. This is something new that I've added to the list this year. I've always wanted go to the theater to watch the Nutcracker. I could just imagine it being so spectacular and full of seasonal charm.
Those are the five holiday themed dates that I'm really looking forward to. Of course, you could always do any of these things on my list with a friend or family member because after all, holidays are to be spent with loved ones. Is there anything you're looking forward to doing this season? Let me know in the comment section down below.
Thank you so much for stopping by and reading along. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!