5 Tips To Stay Inspired
Hi besties! Let's talk about something real and a little bit deeper than the usual ootd or beloved wish list. How many of us have goals, dreams and aspirations.. we all do, right? We all have something that we are striving for, whether it be going to the gym and staying fit, eating healthy and staying on track, scoring that job that you've been dreaming of, and for all of my creative besties... getting that big break that we all desire.
Chasing your dreams and making your own path can be amazing but let's be honest, it is very difficult at times. Life gets in the way and we may wonder why we haven't gotten that big break when person A or B did. We question why our hard work gets unnoticed or we get discouraged when we don't see the results we want. We compare ourselves to others and sometimes feel that we'll never be as good as they are. I'll be the first to admit that I've been there. I know that feeling of discouragement BUT along my path I discovered confidence, determination and other characteristics that help me refocus my drive. I believe everyone holds their future in their hands and what people do with their time truly affects their outcome. Discouragement and negativity are so real but guess what? So is encouragement and strength, resilience and passion. We all have the ability to be inspired BUT also to inspire one another to achieve those dreams no matter what the world may say. Getting that dream job, getting in shape for summer, getting recognition for your abilities and talent...it doesn't come over night BUT when you get that break through... let me tell you, it is so worth it! Here are 5 tips to help you to continue to strive forward, to take on challenges head on and to rise above the rest and make your dreams a reality.
1. Keep looking forward. There's nothing like the present and there's no reason to dwell on things of the past. I could easily dwell on the fact that I should've started my blog sooner, or I could've done this or that differently but dwelling on the past is kind of a waste of time. Instead of dwelling, that time could be spent bettering the future. Keep your eyes on the prize (oldest line in the book but a good one, right?), stay focused on why you started what you're doing and remember that there is a reason YOU wanted to make that dream come true. Don't lose sight on that no matter what anyone says or what the world may tell you. Stay positive and keep that chin held high.
2. Every day is a fresh start. We're not perfect, we're only human. Everyone is susceptible to making mistakes, whether it be sneaking in that cookie or skipping a day at the gym, or even forgetting to post your blog on time. Between being human and the whole "life happens" situation, mistakes are bound to happen. No matter how rough your day has been or even how discouraged you might feel at the end of the night, just know that in the morning your day begins all over again. Get a good nights rest, wake up feeling refreshed and ready to take on your day and inch your way closer to those goals. Never let yesterday affect today and what tomorrow can be, always start your day with the best YOU that you can be.
3. Surround yourself with like minded individuals who support and encourage each other. There is nothing better than to surround yourself with like minded individuals. It's actually amazing how a community of like minded people works. I have personally experienced it in the blogging world and even in the health and fitness world. When you surround yourself with others who have the same goals and mindset, it is easier to communicate and understand what everyone is going through. There is encouragement and support from the kindest people going through the same thing you're going through, and there is a sense of community when you inspire each other to achieve those goals. Iron sharpens iron and this is certainly the case when you're with people who have the same ambition as you. It's refreshing because you challenge each other, not in a negative way, but in a way that can build one another up. You call each other higher and push one another to do your very best. When it comes down to it, this is your support group, people who understand what you're going through so if you're going through a rough patch, don't be afraid to be open about it.
4. Get rid of things that hold you back. There are many things that hold us back but let's talk about some of the main things. Doubt, fear of rejection, worrying what others think and lack of boldness or confidence. These things will hold you with everything they've got to hinder you from your goals and dreams, they're like chains that tether you to the ground. You can succumb to it or you can break those chains. For me, in all honesty, something that holds me back is doubt. What if I don't make it? What if that opportunity that I've been fighting for isn't mean to be? Is it too late for me to have my voice and opinion heard? But then I remember, this is my dream, this is my passion and I'm not going to let doubt or fear or anything else get in my way. Once you let go of things that hold you down, you will feel lighter, more confident and feel like a new you, ready to take on the world and show everyone what you're made of.
5. Ask for help. Asking for help could be daunting. I remember my teachers in elementary school always repeating, "Please, ask for help if you don't understand". I was one of those students who was always too shy to ask. Now I know how important it is to ask for help in understanding something or in any time of need. Learning from others is the best thing you could do for yourself. There's a wealth of knowledge out there, and if we are open minded to learning from others there's no reason why we can't keep growing. There are people who might have been doing what you want to do for longer or have gotten the results that you want, don't be afraid to ask them questions. I ask questions all the time because I know that there is still so much for me to learn to be the best I can be.
I hope these five tips will help you stay inspired to keep on going. It's normal to struggle from time to time but we all have the power to make our dreams and passions a reality. I hope you continue to stay inspired. Thank you so much for reading. Happy Wednesday!